Camp Pennbrook COVID 19 Playbook-Summer of 2021
Listed below are the highlights of the 2021 Camp Pennbrook Covid 19 playbook, which will be implremted this summer. We have been attending regular meetings with some of the top camp directors in conjunction with the American Camp Association. Some guidelines will be updated as the summer draws nearer.
1. Campers will require a test 72 hours prior to arrival with documentation provided upon checkin. Additional testing will be required upon arrival at camp and consist of either a rapid test and /or temperature check, based on guidelines.
2. Campers will be living in the dorms by age group which are now known as cohorts and households. Masking will be required when campers are indoors with an age group other than their own “cohort “group:, as well as in the dining room. At meals masks must be worn except when actually consuming the meal.
3. Most camp activities will be held outdoors wherever possible. Sizes of group activities with other cohorts along with social distancing will be increased after the initial quarantine period
4. New and enhanced sanitizing and cleaning will take place in all dorms, bathroom areas and public spaces, paying particular attention to high touch surfaces,All equipment will be sanitized after each usage.
5. Parent Covid 19 waiver to be signed along with any pre camp medical forms prior to arrival.
6. Pre -camp quarantine period and procedures to be reviewed prior to arrival and shared with parents and campers
7. Protocol and procedures by camp nurses when someone displays symptoms Parents will be notified of any decision to test based on symptoms and possible isolation quarantine of camper along with procedures for early pickup if necessay. Also procedures for testing of campers/contact tracing if a camper tests positive.
8 Avoidance of high contact sports, favor more low contact sports.
9, Screening and temperature check of all outside employees and vendors, deliveries, masking requirements.
10. Off campus field trips will be evaluated and policies determined on their feasibilty closer to the opening of camp.
11. Procedures and testing requirement for campers traveling to camp other than parent drop off (airplanes, busses, or trains).